The purpose of this policy is to outline the requirements of VETASSESS for the approval and processing of refunds.
VETASSESS refund policies/terms and conditions comply with the legal requirements outlined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
Scope of this policy
This policy applies to applications for refunds for the following VETASSESS services.
- Skills Recognition – General Occupations
- Skills Recognition International/National (Trades Skills Assessments)
For all other products and services please refer to the relevant terms and conditions contained in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on our website.
Am I eligible for a refund?
Refunds can only be paid in limited circumstances. A reference to these circumstances is outlined below:
|Skills Recognition General Occupations
||Trade Skills Assessment
Candidates may be eligible for a refund if they choose to withdraw their application in the following circumstance:
The withdrawal is requested prior to the assessment commencing, a full refund of fees paid will be considered, less up to AUD $100 administration fee. An additional administration fee of AUD $60.00 will be retained for Chinese verifications.
Note: If the withdrawal is requested after the assessment has commenced, or has been completed, no refund will be considered.
Candidates may be eligible for a refund if they choose to withdraw their application. The amount of the refund will vary depending on the Assessment Stage and the notice period provided to VETASSESS by the candidate.
Stage One - Training and Employment check:
- if the withdrawal is requested prior to commencement of the Stage One check, a full refund of fees paid will be considered, less a AUD $100 administration fee.
- if the withdrawal is requested after the Stage One check has commenced, no refund will be considered.
Stage Two Assessment:
- if the withdrawal is requested prior to a scheduled assessment, a refund will be considered, less an administration fee of AUD $200 - $500, depending on the amount of notice provided to VETASSESS.
- No refund will be processed
- if the withdrawal is requested less than two weeks prior to the scheduled assessment, or
- if the applicant does not attend a scheduled assessment and fails to notify VETASSESS.
A candidate applying for a trade skills assessment who has paid in excess of AUD $1,500 in pre-paid fees will be eligible for a refund in any of the following circumstances:
- A suitable venue cannot be found
- An assessor is not available to conduct your assessment
- VETASSESS is unable to provide the services for which a candidate has pre-paid
Lodging a request for a refund
Applications for refunds must be made by completing the Application for Refund and forwarding it to email@example.com
Refund payments will be made to the person or organisation that initially paid the fee, and will be made via the same method as the initial payment was made.
Refunds will be processed within three weeks of receiving a written request, once all relevant documentation has been received.