How to apply for a skills assessment?
To apply to have your skills assessed for migration purposes, you can either apply online or by mail.
- International Student and/or Recent Graduate (485 assessment + post 485)
- Skilled Professional
Both above options then have 'Apply online' or Download 'Application form'
The benefits of applying online are:
- your application form is completed within 15-20 minutes and you receive an application record from VETASSESS within 5-7 minutes
- you can track and view the progress of your application
- you can continue your application at a later stage (within 30 days) rather than completing it all at once, as we provide you with login details
- the service is quicker as your application will be processed as soon as your documents are received
- it costs less than a paper based application
To start a new application click New application
If you do not finish in one session, you can save the application and then retrieve, complete and submit it within 30 days. Click continue your application to continue your saved application online.
If you are a returning applicant, click continue your application.
What happens next?
You need to login into the online system, download and print the 'application record'. Sign the application record (applicant and agent). You can then upload scanned colour copies of the application record and all other required documents onto the online system. These documents need to be colour scans of certified copies. Alternatively, you can send the original signed 'Application Record' and all other required documents and assessment fees, to VETASSESS by post or courier (see mailing address below).
Applying on behalf of a client
If you are a registered migration agent applying on behalf of a client, register now or start a new application or check an application progress.
Apply by mail
There are three simple steps to applying by mail:
- Download and complete an SRG1 Application for Skills Assessment.
- Gather all required documents.
- Send your completed application form, required documents and assessment fees by mail:
Skills Recognition - General Occupations
GPO Box 2752
Melbourne VIC 3001
- Overview of the assessment process
- What are the fees involved
- Read our frequently asked questions about the assessment process
- What are some key terms
- What documents will I require to submit for assessment