Preparing for the test
|The test has three components: |
Test 1 – Literacy30 minute test containing 40 multiple-choice questions that assess the ability to work with words, sentences and other written text. This test covers the use of the English language, including:
Test 2 – Numeracy30 minute test containing 40 multiple-choice questions that assess the ability to work with numbers and to solve arithmetic problems. This test covers:
A calculator is not permitted.
Test 3 - English Writing Skills45 minute test requiring candidates to write responses to sets of questions or topics. There are 3 different types of writing tasks. Responses will be assessed according to the following criteria:
Candidate Preparation Booklet
A Candidate Preparation Booklet is available for purchase through the VETASSESS website for $15.
To order the Candidate Preparation Booklet, click on the link "VETASSESS Test Candidate Preparation Booklet" at
the bottom of the menu bar down the right-hand side of this screen or go to the VETASSESS website homepage at
vetassess.com.au and follow these steps:
- go to the 'Quick links' at the bottom of the page
- click on the link for 'Publishing Resources'
- on the menu bar down the left-hand side of the screen, go to the list of 'Other Resources'
- click on the link for 'Candidate Preparation Booklets'
- on the new page, click on the link for 'VETASSESS Test'
- enter the quantity of Candidate Preparation Booklets you wish to purchase
- click on the 'Buy' button
- when purchasing is complete, click on the 'Checkout' button
- complete the order and payment steps
- the Candidate Preparation Booklet will be sent to you within 5 days of payment