We are currently not accepting new applications for validation. If you require information about the validation process, please contact the the Department of Education and Training (DET) at email@example.com.
Early Childhood Teachers Validation
If you are an early childhood or kindergarten teacher, VETASSESS provides a validation service to assist with re-classifying your role.
Are you eligible to apply for validation?
To be eligible to apply for validation to progress from level 2.5 to level 3.1 you must:
- be employed in Victoria under either the Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2016 (VECTEA) or the Early Childhood Education Employees Agreement 2016 (EEEA)
- be currently classified at level 2.5 and have undertaken 12 months service at this level
- hold an approved four year degree qualification or hold an approved 3 year qualification (approved by ACECQA or VIT) and have been employed as at 30 June 2006
- have a minimum of 5 years of early childhood teaching experience
- satisfy the professional standards of the level 3 classification
- undertake the roles and responsibilities of a level 3 teacher.
Before you apply
Before applying for validation, ensure you:
- check that you are eligible to apply for validation
- review the application process
- review the evidence requirements to see the types of evidence you can provide.
If you have any questions regarding the validation service, please contact VETASSESS’ Early Childhood Teacher Validation Department by:
NEXT: Application Process