You must submit training and employment evidence to support your application.
Your evidence must show you meet the minimum employment experience requirements for your nominated occupation:
- All other trades - 5 years' employment experience (with no formal training)
- All other trades - 3 years' employment experience (with relevant formal training)
Your evidence must show you have worked in your occupation for at least 12 months within the last 3 years and must be able to be verified.
Appropriate types of evidence include:
- financial records (such as taxation records, payment summaries, payslips or banks statements) that show time periods of employment
- references from your employers detailing the full range of tasks you performed. References must be on company letterhead, include contact details (phone numbers and email addresses) and be signed by the referee (the referee should be your employer or supervisor). It is important the contact details are correct as we will contact referees to verify the reference is genuine.
- trade qualifications, training records, short courses, apprenticeships and/or licences
- videos or photos of you performing work tasks
- your resume/CV.
VETASSESS cannot accept statutory declarations about your employment experience in the absence of 3rd party evidence (e.g. employer reference, position description, financial records).
NOTE: Some occupations have additional evidence requirements.
For detailed information about the evidence you must provide, please download the Evidence Guide (548KB pdf).