Trades Recognition Service
If you're a skilled worker such as an electrician, welder, air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanic or motor mechanic, you may apply for a skills assessment.
VETASSESS offers the Trades Recognition Service in Victoria, New South Wales, the Northern Territory, Western Australia and Queensland.
To be eligible to be assessed under this program, you:
- are resident in Australia
- have been employed in your trade for at least five years (this can include time spent in training)
- are a tradesperson working in one of the trades assessed in this program
- do not have an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualification relevant to your occupation
- do not require a skills assessment for migration.
For more information, please visit Trades Recognition Australia’s TRS Applicant Guidelines
View a list of trade occupations we assess before applying to have your skills assessed.