Trades Recognition Service
If you're a skilled worker and seek a formal qualification or an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) for employment or licensing purposes, you may apply for a skills assessment through the Trades Recognition Service.
VETASSESS offers the Trades Recognition Service in Victoria, New South Wales, the Northern Territory, Western Australia and Queensland.
To be eligible to be assessed under this program, you:
- reside in Australia
- are a tradesperson working in one of the occupations assessed in this program (see list below)
- have been employed in your occupation for at least 4 years (this can include time spent in training)
- have worked in your occupation for at least 6 months within the last 3 years
- do not have an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualification relevant to your occupation
- do not require a skills assessment for migration.
If you are not eligible for the Trades Recognition Service, you may be eligible to apply for our National Skills Assessment Service or Skills Assessment for Migration programs.