You must submit the following skilled employment and training evidence to support your application. Your evidence must show you have at least 5 years' experience in your occupation. This may include time spent in training. If your documents are not in English, you will need to have them translated into English and provide copies of the originals, as well as English translations.
See the Skilled Employment, Education and Training Assessment Evidence Guide (375KB pdf).
Skilled employment and training evidence
- your resume/CV
- your trade qualifications, including apprenticeships and licences
- references and or third party statements from employers/customers
- any training, awards or certificates you have received
- your work and financial records to show periods of employment
- photographs or videos of work samples (before and after the job and of yourself working).
All evidence provided must be:
- related to the units of competency for the qualification (see Guides and Factsheets for more information)
- your own evidence
- current - it must reflect employment and training done in the last 5 years.
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics
All air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics who attend a practical assessment are required to hold either;
- a current Australian Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Australian Refrigerant Handling Trainee Licence.
If you do not hold a current licence, you need to apply to the Australian Refrigeration Council Ltd (Arctick). VETASSESS will provide you with more information once you are ready to undertake your practical assessment.