RPL can uncover valuable skills and experience
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) helps businesses address skills shortages and with workforce planning.
The VETASSESS Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) service assesses the skills that employees have acquired through formal and informal learning and work experience.
Our RPL is fully online. Your employees do not need to leave the workplace and have the flexibility to complete the requirements at a time that suits them. That means minimal disruption to your business operations.
RPL for training organisations
Training organisations can find RPL cumbersome and expensive.
Outsourcing RPL to VETASSESS removes costs and administrative burden, while enabling trainers to support learners with a clear and easy-to-use offer, at a fixed cost.
We are an Australian Government-accredited Registered Training Organisation (RTO) for the purpose of conducting assessments (RTO No. 21097) and we have more than 25 years’ of experience in developing and offering customised assessment solutions, including RPL.
Who uses RPL?
- Employees who have worked in their occupation for many years but who no longer have a current qualification.
- Workers who entered their trade before the current qualification was required.
- People who have a qualification that could be upgraded when their on-the-job experience is recognised.
- Employees who are ready to move up in their career and need their skills recognised.
- Employees who would like to undertake further training without having to enrol in the foundation units of a course. RPL can enable them to apply for credits because they can demonstrate pre-existing knowledge.
How RPL works
The RPL assessment process has three stages:
- Confirmation of Experience
- Demonstration of Knowledge
- Demonstration of Skills
We’re supporting employees every step of the way. Each candidate will be allocated a mentor who will be their contact person for encouragement and direction throughout the process.
Employees can access our online RPL Hub 24/7 for assessments and related information to prepare them for success. They have access to a transparent progress status at any time.
Our RPL assessors are industry experts. They are qualified and have worked in the industries they assess, and they have gained additional qualifications in conducting assessments.
Industries we assess
|SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
|SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
|SIT31121 Certificate III in Asian Cookery
|SIT40821 Certificate IV in Asian Cookery
|AUR31120 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
|AUR31220 Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
|AUR30620 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
What your staff will receive
All applicants completing Recognition of Prior Learning with VETASSESS will receive:
- A Nationally Recognised Qualification
- A Certificate or Statement of Attainment
- A Digital Badge