Am I Eligible to Apply with My Professional Occupation? | VETASSESS Skip to main content

Am I Eligible to Apply with My Professional Occupation?

Assessments are comprehensive, modern and completed by experts in the field.

We provide skills assessments for the largest range of occupations in Australia.

The Australian Government has authorised us to provide skills assessments for 360 professional and other non-trade occupations. If you're a professional needing a skills assessment to migrate to Australia, we can offer you a service that understands and can assess your experience and qualifications.

Construction project manager and collegues


Skills Assessments that are close to expiry

Applicants with a Skills Assessment that is close to expiring should consider applying for a renewal of their assessment at the same time as they apply for a state or territory migration program – or earlier. Each state and territory has its own criteria for applications and sometimes the timeframes are short. Applicants will be more likely to avoid disappointment if they apply for a renewal early rather than wait for an invitation from a state or territory.

Find out how to renew your Skills Assessment before it expires here.

Skills assessment documents: professional and general occupations

Applicants are expected to provide all the documents required at the time they submit their application. We have changed our timeframes for applications that do not have complete documents. We will close incomplete applications that do not meet the deadline and there will be a fee to reopen the application. You can find out more here. It is important to ensure you lodge a complete set of required documents when you apply, and this will avoid delays with your application. 


Gather the documents you will need

In this section you will find a list of documents that you will need to submit with your application. It's important that you include all the documentation we require, so that your application is complete.

We are under no obligation to seek further information from you and can make a decision based on the evidence you provided with your application. 

All documents must be high quality colour scans of the original documents. If your documents are not issued in English, you must submit scans of both the original language documents and English translations made by a registered translation service.

If applying for a formal skills assessment, you must include your CV. A resume / CV allows you to outline both your academic studies (describing the major focus of your studies, including providing details of any major projects undertaken as part of course requirements) as well as describing your employment / career history in your own words.

One recent passport-sized colour photograph is required. The photograph must be no more than six months old and of good quality (self-taken photographs are not acceptable).

As proof of your identity, you must provide at least three identity documents. You may provide two documents from the primary documents and one document from the secondary documents, OR you may provide one document from the primary documents and two documents from the secondary documents. Either way, you must provide at least one primary document.

Acceptable primary documents:

  • Passport bio page
  • Birth certificate

Acceptable secondary documents may include, but are not limited to:

  • National ID
  • Driver’s Licence
  • Social security card
  • Marriage certificate
  • Student identity card
  • Australian visa

Please ensure that:

At least one of your ID documents contains a photo of you; and at least one of your ID documents contains your full name and date of birth.

You must also read and sign the declaration on the application form to affirm that the information you have provided is true and correct, and to acknowledge that you understand how your personal information will be handled by VETASSESS.

If you have nominated an agent representative or lawyer to act on your behalf, their name, signature, and date of signing must also be included on your signed declaration form.

If applicable, evidence of name change must be provided to address any naming inconsistencies in the documents submitted. This is to support your identity.

Qualification evidence includes your qualification award certificate accompanied by the academic transcripts.

You must have successfully completed your qualification before applying for a skills assessment. 

As part of determining your eligibility for Priority Processing, VETASSESS will need to determine if your qualifications are comparable to the Australian Qualifications Framework as outlined in the Australian Government’s published Country Education Profiles (CEPs). If your qualification(s) require in-house assessment, your application will not be eligible for Priority Processing.

Award Certificate:

The award certificate is the official document confirming the completion of an award course of study. If you have not yet received your qualification award certificate, a provisional award certificate issued by the awarding body or an official statement of completion issued by the Registrar's department of the awarding institution will be accepted.

Academic Transcript:

Provide us with your complete academic transcript. Transcripts are the official records from the institution outlining the courses / units of study as well as the final grades achieved as part of your academic qualification. If you attended a college affiliated to the awarding institution, the award certificate must be issued by the awarding institution permitted to award the qualifications.

If your transcripts do not provide sufficient information regarding the units of study undertaken, please provide additional evidence, such as a course syllabus, to clarify this. You can also detail major projects and other significant features of your studies in your CV.

Additional notes for qualifications obtained from specific regions of the world:


If you hold qualifications that have been awarded by educational institutions from China, you will be required to have your qualification documents verified by VETASSESS.

For Priority Processing, you must have a completed VETASSESS Chinese Qualification Verification before applying.

You can read more about the Chinese Qualifications Verification process on our website at


Applicants with European qualifications should supply Diploma Supplements for these if available. Generally, these are only issued by educational institutions from countries participating in the Bologna Process. A Diploma Supplement will be accepted in lieu of an award certificate and transcript if it includes all the necessary information.


Please supply evidence of passing the Professional Regulation Commission's (PRC) Licensure Examinations if this is applicable to your degree qualification. Not all qualifications from the Philippines are eligible for PRC licensure examinations. Therefore - if you hold a PRC licence - it is essential that you submit a copy of PRC licensure. If you do not submit evidence of holding PRC licensing, we will assume it is not applicable to your skills assessment and complete your application without making further enquiries. To learn more about PRC and related academic qualifications eligible for PRC licensure examinations, visit:


Most qualifications awarded by University Colleges and Institutes in Lebanon require evidence of approval by the Equivalence Committee of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education. Please supply this evidence confirming equivalency to a qualification awarded by a Lebanese university.

It is important that you provide us with the required employment evidence for each employment position listed in your formal skills assessment application.

As part of determining your eligibility for Priority Processing, VETASSESS will need to determine if your employment claims can be verified within 10 business days. Therefore, please ensure that you have all the required evidence listed below at the time of applying for Priority Processing.

Statement of Service:

Statement of Service template

A Statement of Service is a written statement by your employer confirming your employment on official letterhead. Official letterheads should include the organisation's full address details, telephone, email and website addresses. The content of the letter must be signed by your direct supervisor or the manager of the human resources department.

The Statement of Service must include the following:

a)   Issue date for the Statement of Service

b)   The company letterhead

c)   Your full name

d)   The working hours per week

e)   Your official position title(s) held at the organisation

f)   The exact start and end date (dd/mm/yyyy) of your employment in each position held

g)   List of your main duties for each position held

h)   The salary earned

i)   Full name, position title, official contact details and signature of the person writing the statement of service – references from colleagues at the same level or below will not be accepted. Please note that your referee may be contacted for further information.

Payment evidence:

Payment evidence can include one of the following types:

  • At least two payslips (ideally your first and last payslip);
  • Taxation Records that show payment summaries and which have the company name and your name;
  • Bank Statements showing at least two salary payments, your name and the employer's name; OR
  • Employment-linked insurance / superannuation records (bearing company and your name).

If you are self-employed, you are required to provide the following:

a) Evidence of self-employment such as sole trading or business registration details and /or official statements issued by your (registered) accountant and/or legal team. The statement from your accountant or solicitor must include the accountant's or solicitor's letterhead, your full name, how long you have been continuously self-employed including official dates in each role, the nature of the business conducted, the signature and contact details of the accountant or solicitor. View Employment Reference for Self-Employment template.

b) Statutory declaration listing your main duties during self-employment;

c) Payment evidence showing regular income from self-employment, such as client invoices together with corresponding bank statements and/ or official taxation records;

d) Supplementary evidence, such as contracts with clients or suppliers, client testimonials, evidence of projects completed etc.

Organisational Chart:

View List of Occupations requiring Organisational Chart.

If you are nominating a managerial occupation or one of the following occupations: Management Consultant, Marketing Specialist, Internal Auditor and Program or Project Administrator, you must submit an organisational chart. An organisational chart should include the company letterhead, your job position and those of your superiors and subordinates as well as all positions reporting to your immediate supervisor and to your direct subordinates. If you are unable to obtain an organisational chart from your employer, please provide a statutory declaration outlining the required information and the reasons why this information cannot be provided.

Evidence of Activities / Portfolio / Projects List:

If you are nominating the occupation of Management Consultant, please use this project list template to provide details of a representative sample of the consultancy engagements you were in involved in for each period of employment within the last five years.

If you are nominating the occupation of Program or Project Administrator, please use this project list template to provide details of at least three projects you have administered within the last five years.

If you are nominating the occupation of Conference and Event Organiser, please use the events list template to provide details of a representative sample of the events engagements you were involved in for each period of employment within the last five years.

If you are nominating any of the following sales occupations, including Sales Representative (Industrial Products), Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products), Technical Sales Representatives nec, please use the sales list template to provide details of a representative sample of the sales activities you were involved in for each period of employment within the last five years.

If you are nominating any of the following ICT sales occupations, including ICT Account Manager, ICT Business Development Manager and ICT Sales Representative, please use the ICT sales list template to provide details of a representative sample of the sales activities you were involved in for each period of employment within the last five years.

If you are nominating any farm manager or farmer occupations, including Aquaculture Farmer, Beef Cattle Farmer, Crop Farmers nec, Dairy Cattle Farmer, Deer Farmer, Goat Farmer, Livestock Farmers nec, Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer, Mixed Crop Farmer, Mixed Livestock Farmer, Pig Farmer, Poultry Farmer, Sheep Farmer and more, please use the farm activities list template to provide details of a representative sample of the farm activities you were involved in for each period of employment within the last five years. As outlined in the farm activities list template, you will also be required to provide photo evidence of the farm for your most recent employment.

If you are nominating any of the following design/drafting related occupations, including Photographer, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Multimedia Designer, Web Designer, Fashion Designer, Industrial Designer, Jewellery Designer, Interior Designer, Architectural Draftsperson, Civil Engineering Draftsperson, and Landscape Architect, please provide a link to your portfolio or upload samples of your design work, of no more than 5MB per sample in your online application submission. 

Evidence of Research:

If you are nominating the occupation of University Lecturer, please use this publication list template to provide a complete list of your research output within the last five years.

Other Supplementary Employment Evidence:

In addition to the above, other supplementary employment evidence may include:

  • Licence or Registration documents and details of the requirements for obtaining the licence or registration.
  • Evidence of professional development completed during applicant’s employment.
  • Prizes / Certificates or other forms of commendation.
  • Evidence of land valuation certificates, sales and purchase receipts and J forms if you are self-employed in India and nominating one of the farming occupations.
  • Notice of establishment for employment in Iran.

If there is information that you cannot supply in official documents, you can provide a Statutory Declaration. For example, you may not have official documents that describe the tasks performed in a period of employment.

It is important to note that assessments cannot be conducted based on the contents of a statutory declaration or affidavit alone. We will require a range of official employment documentation as evidence to support any claims made in a statutory declaration. These may be official taxation documents, signed contract documents, appointment letters and official job descriptions.

A statutory declaration cannot be accepted as evidence of employment dates, position title(s) or as payment evidence - this information should be provided in the form of official documentation.

The statutory declaration (or equivalent legal document) must be properly executed by the appropriate legal professional(s) in the country of origin. You may need to seek appropriate legal advice as to how this is carried out in the country of your current residence.

View Statutory Declaration / Affidavit template.

Find more information about our fees here

Search For Your Occupation And Check Eligibility Here

Explore FAQs

If you do not meet the requirements, we will issue you a letter that states that you have not met the pre-migration skills assessment requirements. The letter will indicate the assessment components where your application did not meet the requirements. 

If you disagree with the outcome, you should contact us to discuss your case with the assessor, who will advise you on the options available for a reassessment where applicable.

You can find approximate times here 

You can try locating the occupation on the Department of Home Affairs website. Details of the relevant assessing authority will be listed there too. 

We're here to help

icon logo

Contact us

Ask a question or find more information.

icon logo

Call our office

Speak to our friendly customer support team.

icon logo

Email us

Send us your question or ask for more information.