Employability Assessments for migrants
This program is for people already living in Australia but who are not working at their skill level although they have had a skills assessment in a priority occupation.
Important note: This program has closed for new applications. If you are currently participating in the program you can email us at email@example.com.
At VETASSESS, we can offer this service if you have received a successful VETASSESS skills assessment from 1 January 2012 in one of these occupations:
There are two parts to this offer:
- A free employability assessment that will help identify if some extra training could help you gain employment in your occupation. This could, for instance, be some literacy or digital skills training.
- A referral to a training organisation that can help you gain the extra skills. The Australian Government will pay most of the cost.
Check your eligibility
- You have received a successful skills assessment in a priority occupation from VETASSESS on or after 1 January 2012 and have held it for a minimum of 12 months.
- You are in paid employment below your skill level at the time of submitting your Application Form.
- You have worked a minimum of 30 hours per fortnight within the last month. This includes work you have performed with more than one employer.
- You are living in Australia at the time you apply.
- You are on an eligible visa subclass.
- You are not registered as a job seeker or have an active referral with Workforce Australia, Disability Employment Services or the Community Development Program.
- You have not previously completed or withdrawn from a Pilot 3 - Employability Assessment.