The purpose of this policy is to outline the requirements of VETASSESS for the approval and processing of refunds.
VETASSESS refund policies/terms and conditions comply with the legal requirements outlined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
Scope of this policy
This policy applies to applications for refunds for the following VETASSESS services.
- Skills Recognition – General Occupations including applications for Priority Processing.
- Skills Recognition International/National (Trades Skills Assessments).
For all other products and services, please refer to the relevant terms and conditions contained in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on our website.
Am I eligible for a refund?
Refunds can only be paid in limited circumstances. A reference to these circumstances is outlined below.
|Skills Recognition General Occupations
||Trade Skills Assessment
Candidates may be eligible for a refund if they choose to withdraw their application in the following circumstance:
The withdrawal is requested prior to the assessment commencing, a full refund of fees paid will be considered, less up to AUD $100 administration fee. An additional administration fee of AUD $60.00 will be retained for Chinese verifications.
Note: If the withdrawal is requested
after the assessment has commenced, or has been completed, no refund will be considered.
Priority Processing applicants will only be entitled to a refund of the Priority Processing fee, in the following circumstances:
*If the application is deemed ineligible for priority processing.
*If VETASSESS is unable to complete the priority processing application within the stated service standards of 10 business days from the date of confirming eligibility.
* Priority Processing applications in these categories will be redirected to VETASSESS’ standard assessment process.
OSAP, TSS and TRS applications received on or after 1st March 2019
Assessment fees relating to OSAP, TSS and TRS assessments applied for on or after 1st March 2019 are paid directly to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA). Applicants who applied on or after the 1st of March who wish to withdraw must first advise VETASSESS, then request a refund directly from Trades Recognition Australia. Refunds for assessment fees are subject to the TRA Payment and Refund Policy, and TRA Refund Request form, on the TRA website: https://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/forms-policy
OSAP, TSS and TRS applications received before 1st March 2019 and National Skills Assessment applications
***Existing content begins from here ('Candidates may be eligible for a refund if they choose to withdraw...')
Candidates may be eligible for a refund if they choose to withdraw their application noting that skills assessment programs are subject to a non-refundable $300.00 Government Administrative fee.
Additionally, the amount of the refund will vary depending on the Assessment Stage and the notice period provided to VETASSESS by the candidate.
Stage One - Training and Employment check:
- If the withdrawal is requested prior to commencement of the Stage One check, a full refund of fees paid will be considered, less a AUD $100 administration fee.
- If the withdrawal is requested after the Stage One check has commenced, no refund will be considered.
Stage Two - Assessment:
- If the withdrawal is requested prior to a scheduled assessment, a refund will be considered, less an administration fee of AUD $200 - $500, depending on the amount of notice provided to VETASSESS.
- No refund will be processed
- if the withdrawal is requested less than two weeks prior to the scheduled assessment, or
- if the applicant does not attend a scheduled assessment and fails to notify VETASSESS.
Government Administration fee
Refunds requested for the following off-shore assessment programs will receive a refund as above, less the $300.00 Government administrative fee introduced on 1 October 2017:
- Off-shore Skills Assessment program
- Trades Recognition Service and
- TSS Skills Assessment program
A candidate applying for a trade skills assessment who has paid in excess of AUD $1,500 in pre-paid fees will be eligible for a refund in any of the following circumstances:
- A suitable venue cannot be found
- An assessor is not available to conduct your assessment
- VETASSESS ceases operating as a Registered Training Organisation
Lodging a request for a refund
Applications for refunds must be made by completing the Application for Refund form and forwarding it to email@example.com
Refunds relating to Priority Processing will be processed automatically and do not require the lodgment of a form.
Refund payments will be made to the person or organisation that initially paid the fee, and will be made via the same method as the initial payment was made.
Refunds will be processed within three weeks of receiving a written request, once all relevant documentation has been received.