Update on Refunds
Please note that some of our services have been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and we are experiencing delays in our ability to process refunds (excluding those application payments made online through our payment gateway). We will continue to give this matter priority and ask for your understanding at this time.
This policy outlines VETASSESS’ requirements for the approval and processing of refunds.
Our refund policies and terms and conditions comply with the legal requirements of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
Scope of this policy
This policy applies to applications for refunds for the following VETASSESS services:
- Skills Recognition – Professional Occupations including applications for Priority Processing, Subclass 407 Training Plan, Designated Area Migration Agreements (DAMA) Skills Assessments, Industry Labour Agreements (ILA), Skills Assessment Support (SAS) and certain Qualification Assessments to support an application assessment for professional membership/licensing purposes, including Complementary Health Therapies (CHT), Psychotherapy and Counselling Qualifications Assessment (PACFA) and Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA) Qualifications Comparison to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
- Vocational Education and Training including applications for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This refund policy does not apply to applications for the TSS Skills Assessment Program or the Offshore Skills Assessment Program. For information on the approval and processing of refunds for these services refer to the Forms & Policy page on the TRA website.
For other VETASSESS products and services, please email email@example.com.
Am I eligible for a refund?
Refunds can only be paid in limited circumstances, which are outlined below. These circumstances are outlined below
|Skills Recognition Professional Occupations
Candidates may be eligible for a refund if they choose to withdraw their application in the following circumstance:
- If the withdrawal is requested prior to the assessment commencing, a full refund will be considered, less an administration fee of AUD$100. An additional administration fee of AUD$60.00 will be retained for Chinese qualifications.
Administration fees of AUD$60 will be applied to CHT, PACFA and FASEA assessments, AUD$30 for SAS Document Check Services and AUD$40 for SAS Consultation Services.
Note: If the withdrawal is requested after the assessment or service has commenced, or has been completed, no refund will be considered.
Priority Processing applicants will only be entitled to a refund in the following circumstances:
- If the application is deemed ineligible for priority processing.* (Information on eligibility for this service can be found here)
- If VETASSESS is unable to complete the priority processing application within the stated service standards of 10 business days from the date of confirming eligibility.*
A refund of the Priority Processing fee will be considered, less an administration fee of AUD$100.
* Priority Processing applications in these categories will be redirected to VETASSESS’ standard assessment process.
|Vocational Education and Training
Candidates may be eligible for a refund if they choose to withdraw their application in the following circumstances:
- They request the withdrawal prior to the assessment or the assessment stage commencing, or
- VETASSESS did not provide the assessment within the stated service standards.
A request for refund that does not meet either of the above two criteria will not be considered, unless on compassionate grounds. Requests on compassionate grounds will be considered on a case-by-case basis at VETASSESS’ discretion.
Approved requests for refund will incur an administrative fee of AUD$100. Refund requests approved on the basis that VETASSESS did not provide the assessment within the stated services standards will not incur an administrative fee.
RPL is offered on a fee-for-service basis with fees charged over three stages, which corresponds to three payments. You can find our RPL fees structure here.
Candidates will only be entitled to a refund of the remaining balance based on the payment stage of their application. Candidates will not be refunded for stage/s that have commenced or have been completed.
In addition to the points above, please note that we do not give refunds if applicants have submitted documentation that is identified as false, misleading or inconsistent with information previously submitted.
Lodging a request for a refund
Applications for refunds must be made by completing the Application for Refund form and forwarding it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds relating to Priority Processing will be processed automatically and do not require a form to be lodged.
We will make refund payments to the person or organisation that initially paid the fee, and via the same method as the initial payment was made.
We process refunds within three weeks of receiving a written request, once all applicable documentation has been received.